Today, December 31, 2017, marks the end of our first full year as full time RVers. This year was different for us than any year in the past, so we wanted to post a special end-of-the-year review to tell you, not just about our travels, but about our personal highs and lows this year.
See what went wrong and what went right in 2017.
Here are some of our favorite memories from 2017:
1. Seeing two troupes of howler monkeys in their natural habitat in Belize
2. Riding down Havana's Malecon in a pink convertible
3. Sitting around campfires with various groups of family members and friends
4. Spending a day on the lake with friends in Canada
5. Meeting the children of several of my cousins.
6. The birth of my niece in November.
1. Getting locked out of the state park where we were staying, necessitating a very dark walk to the officer's house to have him unlock the gate
2. Nearly going over the edge of a cliff in Mississippi - truck, camper, and all
3. Very nearly getting stuck going through a narrow, diminutive opening along Needles Highway in the Black Hills
4. Wondering if we were going to make it out of the Big Horns alive and intact
5. Various run-ins with Diamondback rattlesnakes, scorpions, tarantulas, and disgruntled bulls
Now, as the sun rises on 2018, we are looking forward to new adventures in the year to come.
Safe travels to you all, and may 2018 bring you much joy and love.