If you're planning a Lone Star State getaway and looking for an unforgettable experience, look no further! Texas is not just about wide-open spaces and cowboy hats; it's also home to some truly one-of-a-kind accommodations that will make your trip extraordinary.
Read on to see 35 fabulous, unique places to stay in Texas.
Farm Stay Sanctuaries
For animal lovers, nothing beats a farmstay at a Texas farm or ranch!
1. Shady Acres Farm - This one-bedroom, one-bath remodeled farmhouse near Waco offers a full kitchen, a quiet place to stay and enjoy the stars, and the opportunity to spot on-site horses and cows.
*While you're in Waco, enjoy a relaxing boat tour down the Brazos River or a half-day wine-tasting tour.
2. Beautiful "Country Chime" Ranch Home - Located in Florence, this 10-acre farm features horses, longhorns, chickens, and peacocks. The farmhouse is a 3-bedroom home with a large deck. Visit the friendly farm animals and relax in the hammock on your next Texas vacation.
3. The Rustic Farmhouse with a Touch of Modern Charm - This 79-acre farm located in McKinney features a two-bedroom farmhouse with a front porch and a fire pit in the back. Watch the cattle and wildlife, and enjoy the peace and quiet.
4. A Magical Getaway With Alpacas - This 32-acre alpaca farm is located in Maypearl near Dallas/Ft Worth and offers visitors a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom house with pool.
5. Relaxing Alpaca Ranch - Located just outside downtown Wimberley, this alpaca farm offers a one-bedroom retreat with a covered porch, a gazebo with a barbecue grill, a hammock, and, of course, alpacas.
Truly Texas Stays
6. Unique Silo House - Located in Waxahatchie, this one-bedroom, adults-only, pet-friendly silo house features a charming balcony and an outdoor firepit. Enjoy a romantic getaway at this one-of-a-kind retreat.
7. Have You Ever Wanted to Stay in a Castle? - This truly luxurious castle escape offers six bedrooms, three full- and two half-bathrooms with 14,000 square feet of space. Located in Burnet, the castle boasts a pool table, an outdoor fire pit, a koi pond with waterfall, and 133 acres of land to explore.
8. Lazy River Retreat - Located in Cypress, just northwest of Houston, this 3-bedroom home boasts a private lazy river, pool, swim-up bar, pond, and so much more!
9. Texas-Sized Pool! Beachbox - This waterfront property in San Leon sports a Texas-sized (and Texas-shaped!) pool, plus a private pier, game room, fire pit, and more. Family-friendly and pet-friendly, so pack up the whole family and enjoy your stay!
10. Waterfront Lighthouse with Large Dock - Located in Livingston, this waterfront lighthouse features four bedrooms, a wraparound porch, and wraparound balconies with beautiful views.
11. Historic Bonnie Brook Rail Car - The Galveston Railroad Museum offers visitors the opportunity to stay in one of two historic rail cars. Enjoy a romantic getaway or family vacation aboard the beautiful Bonnie Brook.
*While in Galveston, be sure to book a dolphin-watching boat tour or ghost tour!
12. The Braun Manor - This truly magnificent historic mansion features seven bedrooms, four bathrooms, and 7,000 square feet of living space. Located in Denison, the manor is pet- and family-friendly, with just about every entertainment option you can think of.
One of the more unique types of places to stay in Texas, treehouses offer birds eye views of the surrounding areas and quiet solitude.
13. Canyon Lake Treehouse - This one-bedroom treehouse features a large balcony with stunning views of Canyon Lake, a full kitchen, and barbecue grill. Take the kids for a unique vacation experience and enjoy all the watersports Canyon Lake has to offer.
14. The Treehouse on Lake Travis - This two-bedroom, two-bath treehouse offers a pool and hot tub, plus a large balcony with gorgeous views of Lake Travis. Enjoy Lake Travis' water sport activities, including this Sunset Boat Tour.
15. Stay in a Treehouse! - This adults-only, nautical-themed Dripping Springs treehouse features a balcony, kitchenette, and barbecue grill.
16. The Enchanting Hobbit's Nest Treehouse - Escape to the shire in this darling one-bedroom, kid- and pet-friendly treehouse. Located in Paige, you're sure to enjoy the outdoor spaces, complete with balcony, hammocks, and outdoor grill.
Looking for a quiet escape? Book a stay at a tranquil cabin in Texas.
17. Quiet Lofted Cabin 4 Miles from Edom, an Art Community - This pet-friendly, adults-only, one-bedroom cabin features a balcony, a full kitchen, an outdoor fire pit, and a small pond.
18. Tiny Cabin Near Pedernales Falls - This adorable pet-friendly, family-friendly tiny cabin sleeps three and features a kitchen and 13 acres of nature to explore. Located midway between Johnson City and Pedernales Falls State Park, adventure-seekers and star-gazers are sure to enjoy this rustic retreat.
19. Doves Rest Cabins-Fortress, on the West Rim - This pet-friendly two-bedroom, two-bath cabin is located on the West Rim of Palo Duro Canyon, nicknamed The Grand Canyon of Texas, in the Texas Panhandle. Featuring a fireplace, a hot tub, and stunning views, this cabin is the perfect place to unwind and appreciate a natural wonder.
For those seeking a touch of luxury in the great outdoors, Texas offers glamping at its finest!
20. Adventurer's Backcountry Off-Grid Desert Dome - This one-bedroom, one-bathroom dome is an adventurer's dream. Rustic and peaceful, this cabin in the mountains of Terlingua offers a kitchenette, fireplace, and barbecue grill.
21. Mirror Pod at Space Cowboys - This incredibly unique glamping experience offers A/C, stunning views, Wifi, and a mini fridge. Located near Terlingua and Big Bend National Park, you're sure to emerge in awe of the night skies.
22. Super Cute Retro Airstream - Located in Wimberley, this adults-only, pet-friendly experience is glamping at its finest. With a deck, outdoor shower, and hot tub, this is the perfect rustic romantic getaway.
23. Unique and Plush Eco-Glamping Resort - This luxury camping experience is located in Texas Hill Country. It features a small kitchenette and bathroom, plus a propane grill and hot tub. This adults-only glamping retreat is perfect for a romantic getaway.
How about an enchanting stay in a secluded casita in Big Bend Country in the Chihuahuan Desert?
24. La Paloma Triste: Classic Adobe Near Big Bend NP - This 2-bedroom, 1.5-bath adobe home in Terlingua features a full kitchen, gorgeous views, and star-gazing galore. Bring the family for plenty of outdoor adventure in Big Bend National Park, Big Bend State Park, and the Terlingua Ghost Town.
25. Ringtail Cabin: Economical and Solar-Powered Cabin - This 1-bedroom cabin features a small kitchen and focuses on energy-efficiency and quiet solitude. Located in Terlingua Ranch midway between Big Bend State Park and Big Bend National Park, this small cabin is the perfect getaway for those who want to "get away from it all."
26. Big Bend Lodging at Ten Bits Ranch, Room #1 - Ten Bits Ranch offers several lodging options, which all include continental breakfast and a shared full kitchen in the cantina. Room #1 is the bank - a one-bedroom, one-bathroom cabin with fireplace. These pet-friendly lodgings are perfect for the whole family!
Discover unique beachside stays like cozy lighthouse cottages or charming beachfront bungalows.
27. Waterfront Oasis with Private Pool - This one-bedroom home in San Leon features the pool, a hot tub, and a fishing pier on the water. An adults-only retreat, this stunning waterfront getaway will renew your romantic inclinations and offer ultimate relaxation.
28. "Little Salt" Great Location on Intercoastal - This two-bedroom, one-bath cabana on the water features a deck with fishing, a full kitchen, and a barbecue grill. This family-friendly cabin offers the perfect little getaway.
29. South Padre Island Ocean Front Condo - Listen to the waves and enjoy the sea breeze in this coastal retreat. This efficiency condo features a private balcony and shared pool and is just steps from the beach.
Escape the hustle and bustle with a unique Texas lakefront stay.
30. Lakefront Retreat at the Island on Lake Travis - Located in Leander, this condo features shared amenities like a pool, hot tubs, a sauna, tennis courts, a gym, a pier, and much more, plus a private balcony.
31. Lakefront Daingerfield Retreat with Shared Dock - This two-bedroom, two-bathroom cabin features a covered patio with fire pit, full kitchen, kayak, hammock, and much more. Take the whole family for a memorable getaway.
32. Mayberry Lakeshore Cottage at Lake Palestine - This 50s-style cottage features three bedrooms, a screened in lanai, and beautiful views of Lake Palestine. Take the whole family and step back in time at this charming lakefront cottage.
Hill Country Havens
Embrace the true Lone Star State experience with a stay in Texas Hill Country.
33. The Moonshiner Cabin: Prohibition Era with a Twist of Steam-Punk - This pet-friendly, one-bedroom cabin in the Texas Hill Country features a hot tub and a barbeque grill. This adults-only getaway is sure to rekindle the romance as you sip your Hill Country wine and watch the stars.
*While you're in Wimberley, be sure to visit Jacob's Well and the Blue Hole!
34. Fredericksburg "Regan Cottage" - This Hill Country cottage features one bedroom, two bathrooms, a fireplace, and a hot tub. This adults-only cottage is the perfect romantic getaway or girls' weekend retreat.
*While you're in Fredericksburg, take a narrated trolley tour of downtown historic Fredericksburg or enjoy a wine-tasting tour that includes three wineries and lunch.
35. Charming Country Cabin in Quaint Texas Town - This two-bedroom cabin offers a quiet getaway with access to the adorable town of Fayetteville. Enjoy a child-free vacation at this adults-only vacation rental.
Whether you're seeking adventure, romance, or relaxation, these unique stays will leave you with cherished memories to last a lifetime! Where will your next Texas adventure take you?
You may also enjoy:
Welcome to exquisit