A state steeped in history, culture, and natural beauty, Pennsylvania offers a unique blend of modern extravagance and timeless charm. Whether you're looking for a quiet, rural place to get away from it all, or a luxurious stay in the center of it all, this curated selection of luxury accommodations promises an unforgettable escape for those seeking the finest in hospitality. Whether you're drawn to the rich heritage of the state's historic cities or the tranquility of its rural and mountain escapes, Pennsylvania invites you to indulge in a world of comfort and indulgence, where every moment is tailored to create lasting memories.
This post contains affiliate links. They cost you nothing, and I get paid a small commission when you book using my affiliate links.
Luxury Stays in Western PA
Western Pennsylvania boasts beautiful country scenery and cities such as Pittsburgh, Erie, Altoona, and Johnstown, as well as my hometown of Meadville. It is also home to the Allegheny National Forest, known for its black cherry trees, fishing, and wildlife spotting.
1. Luxury Mountainside with Spectacular City Views - This 3-bedroom cliffside stay on Mount Washington offers fabulous views of Pittsburgh below. With great outdoor spaces, including a propane fire pit, and luxury finishes inside, including a chef's kitchen, this child-friendly space is perfect for your luxury getaway.
*Did you know that Pittsburgh was the birthplace of American whiskey? While in Pittsburgh, take the Wigle Whiskey Rebellion Distillery Tour and learn about the history of Pennsylvania whiskey.
2. Cliffside Contemporary with Spectacular City Views - Located in Pittsburgh, this modern property features three bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms and sleeps 6 guests. The luxurious touches, modern design, chef's kitchen, and stunning city views are sure to make this a memorable stay!
*During your stay, don't miss a hop-on, hop-off double-decker bus tour of downtown Pittsburgh.
3. Luxury House with Private Pool and More - This stunning home in Somerset features eight bedrooms, an indoor basketball half-court, movie theater, hot tub, pool table, gourmet kitchen, and much more. Walk to Hidden Valley Ski Resort or stay and relax in this gorgeous mountain home.
4. Beautiful Spacious Country Home - This 19,000 square foot home located in Champion offers nine bedrooms and sleeps 24 people. This family-friendly home features a library with books and board games, swing set, full kitchen plus kitchenette, fire pit, and much more. Make this mountain home your next luxury getaway.
5. Eight Bedrooms with Beautiful Views - This 8-bedroom mountain home is located near Seven Springs Ski Resort. Both kid-friendly and pet-friendly, this home sleeps 20 guests and beautiful views of the Laurel Mountains. With a pool table, dart board, and hot tub, you're sure to enjoy your stay at this gorgeous mountain home.
6. Lake Erie Lakefront Cottage - This 4-bedroom home sits on Lake Erie and has beach access. Located in North East, it sleeps 8 guests. Relax on the hammock, dip your toes in the water, watch the sunset, or cozy up by the fireplace.
Luxury Stays in Central PA
Central Pennsylvania is home to cities like Harrisburg, the Capital; Hershey, home of the famous chocolate factory; and State College, home of Penn State University. It also features such natural beauty as that found in Susquehannock State Forest and Sproul State Forest.
1. Luxury Mountain Lake Home - This 6-bedroom, kid-friendly house in James Creek near Altoona sleeps 24 guests. With stunning panoramic views and opportunities for wildlife spotting, this well-appointed mountain home with gourmet kitchen, hot tub, fire pit, and grill is the perfect place to unwind with the extended family or a large group of friends.
2. Stunning Gettysburg Estate - This gorgeous 6-bedroom estate features an infinity pool, ping pong table, outdoor kitchen, relaxing outdoor spaces, and much more. Located on a golf course and within an easy drive to downtown Gettysburg, Liberty Ski Resort, Gettysburg College, Gettysburg National Military Park Museum, and many other historic sites.
*While in Gettysburg, take this spooky Ghosts of the Civil War Ghost Tour or a double decker bus tour!
3. Quiet Outback Setting in the Mountains - This incredible vacation rental in Milroy sleeps 40+ people in its 11 bedrooms! With a pool, picnic pavilion, outdoor volleyball courts, indoor game room, playground, and large balcony, this is the perfect spot for a family reunion or other family function.
4. Cabin with Views Near PSU - This 5-bedroom cabin sleeps 10 people and located just 20 minutes from Penn State University. With a firepit, game room, and hot tub, you and your family are sure to have plenty to keep you entertained and relaxed.
5. Southern Luxury Home - With six bedrooms, this luxury home sleeps 12 people. It features a game room, a fire pit, and a gourmet kitchen, and located just minutes from Beaver Stadium.
6. Stunning Bugle Hollow Lodge - This 4100-square-foot lodge in Driftwood, PA, features five bedrooms and sleeps 15 guests. This family-friendly vacation rental features an outdoor fire pit and grill, indoor fireplace, gourmet kitchen, and gorgeous mountain views.
7. Private Home Near Hershey Park - This 4-bedroom home features a pool and spa with pool house, outdoor kitchen and fire pit with lots of outdoor seating, pool table, ping pong table, and gym equipment. With room for 12 guests, this home is the perfect spot for those wanting to visit Harrisburg and Hershey or do some skiing.
8. Ridgetop Log Cabin - This 7-bedroom log cabin in Elliottsburg sleeps 20 guests and sits on seven acres of land. With a hot tub, campfire area, playground and playhouse, gazebo, pool table and other games, grill, and lots of outdoor seating, this modern rustic cabin has something for everyone!
Luxury Stays in Eastern PA
Boasting the largest city in Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, as well as cities like Allentown, Lancaster, and Wilkes-Barre, Eastern Pennsylvania features both beautiful landscapes and urban living. And don't miss the beautiful Pocono Mountains!
1. Modern, Stylish Mountain Top Cabin - With 6 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms, this spacious cabin features a pool and hot tub, sunroom, outdoor fire pit, pool table, and much more. It sleeps up to 20 people, so bring the family and enjoy a luxury mountain top getaway near Lancaster.
2. Expansive Modern Farmhouse - This large pet-friendly farmhouse in Collegeville features six bedrooms set on nearly eight acres of land. With a pool and spa, pavilion, private gym, game room, and multiple fireplaces, this stunning vacation rental is luxury at its finest.
3. Lakeside Manor Estate - This stunning 30-acre property features seven bedrooms, a large game room that includes a one-lane bowling alley, an outdoor fire pit, and a 6-acre lake with boats and kayaks. This family-friendly Bernville rental sleeps 20 guests.
4. Architecturally Remarkable Private Estate - With truly stunning indoor details and beautiful grounds to explore, your stay here in Kintnersville is sure to be a favorite. The home features four bedrooms and four bathrooms, a pool with pool house, a hot tub, an artist's gallery, prohibition-era bar, and stunning views.
5. Berks County Estate - This one-of-a-kind property features a bar and casino area, theater room, gym, wine cellar, game room, library, outdoor fire pit, and more. With six bedrooms, it sleeps 22 guests.
6. Five Falls Estate - Find Hawaii in the suburbs of Philly! With and indoor pool and hot tub, swim-up tiki bar, five waterfalls, palm and banana trees, you'll feel like your in a tropical paradise. This 7-bedroom rental also features a theater, game room, gym, and more and sleeps up to 18 guests.
7. Beautiful Country House - Built in 1851, this historic home in Chadds Ford near the Delaware border features six bedrooms, a game barn, sunroom, outdoor fire pit and grill, outdoor dining area, and beautiful grounds to roam. This family-friendly, pet-friendly rental sleeps up to 16 guests.
8. Berks County Cabin with Indoor Heated Pool - This 5000-square-foot cabin sits on five acres and boasts five bedrooms. The indoor pool and spa are sure to be the main attraction, but the home also features a large balcony with outdoor dining, a game room, and beautiful grounds to explore. This child-friendly, pet-friendly home sleeps 16 people.
9. Rittenhouse Mansion - The ultimate in luxury in the heart of Philadelphia. Built in 1845, this 8000-square-foot, 8-bedroom mansion is situated in Centre City, a four-minute walk from Rittenhouse Square. With two kitchens, multiple outdoor spaces, including a rooftop deck with incredible views, and a pool table, this is Philadelphia luxury at its finest.
*As you explore one of my favorite cities in the U.S., be sure to book your hop-on,hop-off bus tour for a great overview of the city's best sites. History buffs will also enjoy a walking tour of the Old City and Independence Park.
10. Beechdale Farm - This 8-bedroom estate in rural Lancaster County sits on 60 acres and boasts luxurious finishes and amenities and multiple fireplaces indoors, plus both propane and charcoal grills, a fire pit, and a gazebo on an island in the middle of a private pond outdoors.
11. Hawkview Mountain Retreat - With 11 bedrooms and 8.5 bathrooms, the whole family will have plenty of space at this gorgeous Hawk Mountain property. Boasting a game room, theater room, outdoor games, swimming pool and splash pad, two hot tubs, a grill, and breathtaking views, this vacation rental is the definition of mountain luxury.
12. The Deacon - Built around 1906, this Centre City Philadelphia converted church is boutique luxury at its best. With eight rooms, this truly unique space sleeps 15 guests. This kid-friendly, one-of-a-kind vacation rental is perfect for family vacations and celebrations.
*While in Philly, make sure to book a lunch or dinner cruise on the Spirit of Philadelphia.
13. Luxury Resort Home in the Philadelphia Suburbs - This gorgeous home in Media, PA, outside Philadelphia features eight bedrooms, a pool and hot tub, a ping pong table and wood-burning fireplace in the pool area, a gym and a game room, a playground, and much more. With space for up to 15 guests, you and your family can enjoy a luxury family vacation in quiet comfort, close to the excitement of the city.
14. 50-Acre Alpaca Farm and Estate - With seven bedrooms and space for 14 guests, this unique farmstay in Malvern offers a pool, a large pond with a rowboat, a tennis court, golf cart to explore the grounds and meet the alpaca residents.
15. Historic Mainline Mansion - This 100+-year-old, 8-bedroom mansion sleeps up to 16 guests and features a swimming pool, basketball court, poker table, BBQ pits, a gourmet kitchen, sunroom, a frog pond, and much more. Located in the Philadelphia suburb of Gladwyne, this area offers plenty to do nearby and easy access to the sites of Philly.
16. Poconos Cave with Indoor Pool - In addition to the indoor, heated pool, this property also boasts a piano, pool table, ping pong table, poker table, game room, gourmet kitchen, outdoor grill, and beautiful grounds. The five bedrooms sleep up to 15 guests in this unique converted barn in Sciota.
Nestled within the picturesque landscapes of the northeastern United States lies a world of opulence and refinement waiting to be discovered. I hope this carefully gathered list encourages you to embark on a journey through Pennsylvania's most luxurious accommodations, creating an experience like no other.
You may also enjoy:
Welcome to exquisit